Thursday, January 23, 2014

Bioneutra-Vitafiber

I recently received a new product to test out and sample from Bioneutra:
(In their own words:)
"The process developed by BioNeutra's technology naturally transforms starch molecules from local agriculture cereal crops (such as corn, wheat, barley, potato, and tapioca) into the functional health molecules of isomalto-oligosaccharide (IMO). The resulting product, VitaFiber™, provides dietary fiber, prebiotic function and is a low caloric nutritive sweetener."
VitaFiber
Here is the link to their FAQ which will answer pretty much everything thats going through your head right now.
I personally always take probiotics by mouth so the fact that I could intake it caught my eye. I take them and want them to aid my gut in digestion; being a crossfit athlete means I need to be eating a lot to maintain my mass and that means I eat A LOT! Probiotics/prebiotics help aid in digestion. Plus Vitafiber has the word 'fiber' in it for a reason-indeed this helps my gut with all those meals!
Benefits:
-natural low cal sweetener (though not entirely sweet like sugar or stevia so low level of sweetness)
-low glycemic index
-soluble fiber
-prebiotic
-can withstand heat/baking temps
VitaFiber™ - Powder
Here is the link to purchase Vitafiber.
VitaFiber™ - Syrup
I had first been introduced to this by ProteinPow blog when she created her own Quest Bars using BioNeutra's Vitafiber syrup. I was immediately interested because I love Quest Bars but they are a little on the pricey side so I dont exactly buy boxes of them. The first bar I tried was actually a sample one and I have been buying them in singles ever since. I have only tried three flavors so far because I cant seem to pay $27 plus shipping for 12 bars. No dis to Quest Nutrition at all, they're bars are scrumptious! Many bloggers are sent cases and boxes all the time and Im sorry I for one am not one of those people!

Anyways, back to Vitafiber...well ProteinPow created protein bar using the syrup because it is what essentially binds the protein powder together into a soft bar.
Well I went to my local health food store and they had nothing like it or had never heard of it so I googled it and indeed came across their site. I received Vitafiber in the syrup and the powder.
I have recipes to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment