Friday, January 24, 2014

I made the "Life Changing Bread" my way

I have been wanting to make this recipe for sooo long! I finally just decided at Sprouts to look up the recipe and grab a few things. 
I have VitaFiber now on my daily regimen and it's fab so I wanted to use it in this recipe as well.

My version of the famous "Life Changing Bread":

1c sunflower seeds
1 1/2c oats
1/2c almonds
1/2c flax meal
3tbsp psyllium husk powder
2tbsp chia seeds
1 3/4c water
1tbsp VitaFiber
3tbsp Grass fed organic butter
Optional seasoning: cinnamon for sweet, herbs for savory.

1. Mix all nuts, seeds, and husk.

2. Melt butter and VitaFiber together.

3. Add the butter mix to water an whisk.

4. Add water mix to the nut/seed mix. Stir really well into a thick dough.

5. Pour into a lined loaf pan or a silicon loaf pan. Allow to set for at least 2hrs.

6. Bake 350 for 20mins. Remove from oven. Take out of pan. Invert and place right on the oven's rack.

Cook 35-40mins until it sounds hollow.
Allow to cool completely. 
I stuck mine out in the cool garage so I could eat it sooner!
So crunchy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside!
Had to have some with some scrumptious nut butter!
Sooo yummy!
I also had it savory with some pesto on it.
I didn't add seasoning because I wanted to be able to go either way: sweet or savory!

No comments:

Post a Comment