Friday, March 21, 2014

Triple Threat Banana Muffins

I'm still sick but I need to get some good fuelage in my system. Been advised to use the BRAT diet since I have the stomach flu and bananas is on that!
I called these 'triple threat' because it has 3 different types of flours to make these which creates an amazing balance of crunchy on too an uber moist on the inside.
Triple Threat Banana Muffins:

2/3c almond flour
1/3c coconut flour
1/2c oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder 
1 tsp cinnamon
2 pinches ground cloves
3 packets stevia

3 mashed bananas
1 egg
1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp water-allow to set for few mins)
1 tsp vanilla
1tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
1/4 c almond butter 
1/3c almond milk

1. Preheat oven 350
2. Mix the dry ingredients (first 8)

3. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl (remaining 7).

4. Add the banana mix to the flour mix. Should be a thick batter. 

5. Adding in nuts or choc chip is optional at this point, So stir in now if you want. I did not however since I added almond butter already.

6. Drop into lined or sprayed muffin tins. I made 12 mini muffins.

7. Bake for about 25mins.

8. Allow to cool out of pan. 
I ate one right away-I stuck it in the freezer while I took the others out of the pan.
Because who can really wait for them to cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment