Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Juice Pulp Dark Chocolate Chip Muffins

So I juice everyday so my pulp leftover builds up-I either freeze it or store in fridge to make some muffins. I stick with the fruit or sweet veggies for my muffins. This leftover pulp for this recipe was carrots, apple, orange, pineapple, and some greens. I pick through to get the right colors to know what veggies/fruits are which.
Juice Pulp Chocolate Chip Muffins:
1-1 1/2 c pulp (or just grate some carrots)
2 egg whites 
2 flax eggs (2tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water, let sit to gel up) or 2 more egg whites 
1 tbsp chia seeds soaked with 1 tbsp water (optional)
4 stevia packets
2 c coarse oat flour (grind up oats)
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c 'Enjoy life' Dairy Free Soy Free Nut free Dark Chocolate Chips
 
1. I put my pulp in the food processor jut to smooth it out a bit but not completely smooth. Pulse in eggs, flax eggs, and chia seed gel.
2. Mix oats, soda, powder, cinnamon.
4. Add pulp mixture to oat mix.
5. Mix well then fold in the dark chocolate.
6. Bake 350 for 20mins. I make 12 muffins with this recipe.

7. Allow to cool completely. I leave mine in the oven overnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment