Sunday, July 15, 2012

NewWorkout

So I've decided to kill my workouts even more and leave the gym when I can't possibly do another rep. How? Well I'm still working out different parts of my body different days and doing cardio post weights on non leg days. So my plan is to bust out 3 sets of a certain exercise with the weight heavy enough yet light enough for me to finish 10-12 reps. But in between each set I'm doin an active rest like box jumps or jump rope, jut something to keep my HR up, then continue on through all 3 sets. Done yet? Nope. So I do another set of 3 but this time I increase the weight and max out-push until you can't possibly do another lift. Rest for about a minute then continue on till all 3 are completed.
I have been doing this for a week now and man do I leave the gym knowing I have it my all. I know I worked myself pretty good when I'm sore the same day and even more sore when I crawl out of bed.
Yesterday was my leg day and I did that concept and finished in only an hour-that's all I needed because I pushed so hard and didn't dilly dally. Do your work! I came home and I noticed I had bruises on my shoulders. That's what happens when you lift heavy on the Smith Machine. I was squatin pretty heavily and it defiantly showed.
My post workout eats we're carbs! Need carbs for my leg tears! 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/4 cup rice, sweet potato with about a tbsp of my homemade almond butter with a tbsp of plain fage Greek yogurt smeared on top and a sprinkling of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment