Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)

So I have been takin ACV for a while now. I took it religiously, 3x a day before I left for my Europe trip and returned to consuming it immediately when I got back. Why? There are many reasons why ACV helps but my main reason?-my skin and digestion.
I have seen the biggest difference in my skin-less oily, less irritation, less breakouts, glowy..I saw a difference when I first tarted using it and now that I'm back on it, my glow has returned to my face.
It also aids with digestion and helps cleanse your liver and intestines.
I researched it before I started taking it to see the benefits and if there are any bad effects.
Benefits:
Rich in potassium-which is key for growth, building muscles, helps with nighttime leg cramps, transmission of nerve impulses, relieve tired feeling, whiten teeth, etc
Helps prevent brittle teeth, hair loss, sore throat and runny noses.
Helps get rid of hiccups.
Rich in acetic acid-slows digestion of starch which helps lower the rise of glycogen.
Help regulate BP and reduce bad cholesterol.
Has anti fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties.
Improve bowel irregularity, removes toxins in bod at a faster rate.
Helps with indigestion (drink before eating).
Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes.
Helps with weight loss by breaking down fats so the bod can use them and not store them.
Helps with arthritis.
Studies show it helps kill cancer cells (hmmm idk...???)
Side Effects:
Can deteriorate dental enamel so rinse mouth after you eat/drink it.
Some complain of upset tummies so make sure it's diluted enough.
How to Use:
Use as toner on skin (dilute with water).
Bath in it to reduce effects of sunburn.
Drink diluted with anything.
Use as salad dressing.
Apply to scalp to reduce dandruff.

You have to make sure you buy the correct ACV. It's not the normal kind-it must be 'unfiltered, organic, mother laced'.

How do I drink it???
Make it a double shot-1/2 of ACV, 1/2 of water, 1drop vanilla liquid stevia.
Drink-1shot of ACV, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, 2 drops of vanilla liquid stevia.
Drink-1shot mixed with homemade spicy tomatoes juice (<-the best so far!)

You can really mix it with whatever, just be creative.
Most don't like the flavor but I've gotten used to it and don't mind it at all.
Sometimes I drink it right when I get up on an empty stomach, at the end of the day, after my workout, after a bigger meal...
This is the kind I drink and this is what the bottle should look like:
                                             


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO DRINK ACV???

1 comment:

  1. There are some interesting ways to use ACV. I used ot for a few years and stopped and I really need to drink it more. When I drink it I make it in a pitcher daily. 1/3 cup ACV, 1/3 cup lemon juice and green tea extract. It really does make my skin look a lot better.

    ReplyDelete