Chicken Tortilla Soup:
8 chicken tenders shredded (seasoned & cooked however)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2tbsp olive oil
1/2 red onion diced
1 large bell pepper diced
2 chipotle peppers chopped (or 1 hott Jalepeno)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 can beans (black, white, kidney, garbanzo)
1/2 can beans (choose from above)
2 cans low sodium chicken stock
2 cans full of water
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp pepper & sea salt
1. Cook chicken ahead. Use spicy seasonings to cook with. I used pepper, chili powder, and red pepper flakes.
2. Add olive oil to pot. Once hot, add garlic.
3. Stir and once fragrant, add onion, bell pepper, and chipotle. Cook and stir to allow veggies to become caramelized.
4. Add diced tomatoes. Stir and cook together for 5. Add seasonings.
5. Add chicken stock and water.
6. Once starts to simmer, add shredded chicken.
7. Allow to simmer for 15-20mins for all flavors to combine.
8. Toppings: cubed avocado, (and if not paleo), shredded cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream.
*since I'm paleo, I stuck with only avocado to add*
*this is pretty spicy which the chipotle pepper makes it be that way so omit or only use 1 if you don't like it too hott*