Saturday, May 26, 2012

Clean Eating

So last night my mom was like "lets order pizza" and my face was like ugly face you make when you smell something nasty-yup that is my reaction now to non clean eats because my bod is trained to dislike that food now. So while two boxes of pizza sat on the counter, i made myself a veggie fritatta.
3 egg whites (& tbsp water)
3 slices red onion chopped
2 mini bell peppers
3 slices tomato chopped
1/2 corn on the cob (kernals cut off)
1 cup spinach
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 jalepeno (with seeds) chopped
cilantro
avocado (mashed)
1. grill onions with garlic till brown.
2. add jalepeno, tomatoes, peppers, spinach, and corn. cook till spinach wilted. spread out veggies evenly in pan.
3. add egg whites to pan, spread it out so it fills all around veggies.put lid on and leave for about 5 mins or till eggs set.
4. flip on to plate. i smeared the avocado on, cracked pepper and cilantro to top.

While i was eating my mom was like "carah is your dinner good?" -"yes mom" "i bet its not as good as ours" -"i beg to differ"
yup my family accepts the way i eat now and i love it!

So today i opened, so i packed lunch (part of it).
In a bag i brought 1/3 cup oats, 2 tbsp peanut flour, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp flax meal.
when i got to work i mashed about 1/4 cup sweet potato, chopped 1 cup spinach, chopped 1 hard boiled egg white and heated it up. i added my dry mixture and added hot water. I chopped strawberries to top and sprinkled cinnamon. it smell like pumpkin/apple pie (my co-worker said).

Before
After
All in all good. I would like to have this in the comfort of my home so i could have added my unsweetened coconut milk and extras but you do what you can. besides it was still clean

Favorite breakfast recipe with sweet potatoes???

No comments:

Post a Comment