Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday (Semi) Rest Day

So i was planning on going to the gym after work but it was way busy so i just couldnt get there. I figured i havent had a rest day in about 6 days so im due. I mean im basically lifting weights the whole time and im moving on my feet, working my abs etc. Also ive decided to go to the gym before work even on the weekends instead of just the weekdays. I open during weekends so that means i just leave the house earlier! but i see my instagram friends gettin up a 4am and hittin the gym so high five to them!
This morning i didnt feel like making breakfast so i threw together stuff:
Remaining Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt, 1/2 banana, tbsp pb, tbsp chia seeds, tbsp flax meal, 2 tbsp granola, sprinkle of unsweetened coconut flakes, sprinkle of almond meal.
(so i was hungry 2 hrs later so i made myself "chocolate milk" using unsweetened coconut milk, tsp unsweetened cocoa, few drops vanilla liquid stevia-eh it was ok, i prefer choc protein milk)

I usually pack a lunch for work too but we have these high voltage, high tech blenders at work so i brought stuff to make a smoothie:
1/4 cup raw oats, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein, 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup pineapple, chilled brewed coconut chia tea, ice.
This made 2 of those glasses and you can bet i downed both! I was peeing every 15 mins but hey it was yummy and my coworkers were grossed out and weired out about veggies in a smoothie...

After work, i just wanted to get home and enjoy my fav:

Chobani Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt with homemade Almond Butter. I ate this while catching up on my Housewives of Orange County (guilty pleasure).

Your favorite green smoothie recipe???

No comments:

Post a Comment