Saturday, September 8, 2012

Oats Oats Oats!

So there is a basic recipe to both of these and from that you can do wonders to the recipe!
Egg white Oats:
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup water
2 egg whites
1. Add water to pot, once it starts to steam (not boil!) add both oats & whites and whisk whisk whisk continuously until they look white.
2. Turn off burner and let sit for few minutes.
That is it. Just the basic.
What I do is add chia seeds, cinnamon, and flax meal I with my oats and whites. And then from there I'll scoop it out of the pot because they ate so thick they don't run out. I'll add my toppings an they literally change all the time:::almond milk with a little protein, 1/2 banana, berries, granola, nut butter etc...
You can get creative with your pot add ins (to add with the oats and whites):::cocoa powder, pumpkin, fruit, steamed/mashed cauliflower, spinach, matcha powder, protein powder (premixed with a little water)...oh the possibilities! Just be creative.

Overnight Oats:
1/4-1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened vanilla)
1 tsp chia seeds (absolutely needed to get the right consistency)
1 tbsp flax meal
Spice:cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin etc
1/2 mashed banana
1 tbsp Greek yogurt
Few drops liquid stevia
1/2 scoop protein powder
1. Basically throw all in a bowl well I use a mason jar cause I can grab and go with it.
2. Stick I fridge and in morning, add your toppings.
I pull out my jar about 10mins beer I eat it just take some chill off it. Just a personal preference not needed.
Topping are the same as above, you can do whatever but I always add nut butter to the top and barely mix it in and I'll top with granola for crunchiness.
The adds ins can be changed too::: cocoa powder, pumpkin, berries, fruit, avocado, coffee, flavored yogurt etc
I add protein powder to it because I don't have any other protein source without it. Protein in needed at every meal!

Hope that was helpful Kristin! ;)

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR OATS?!?


1 comment: